SEP.T 7 - OCT. 12, 2018
TIME: 10am to 2pm
DATES: 2018 - 2019 Dates TBD
13437 Ventura Blvd.
Ste 228 Studio B
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(Please read posted restricted parking signs)
This workshop will empower you to
- Rid Nerves
- Know Your Lines “by Heart”
- Live Truthfully Through the Life of the Character
- Highlight Your Acting Abilities
- Improve Booking Rates
Join this 3-day intensive (all day) workshop -
All actors, critiqued and non-critiqued and online participants will receive audition material and will be put on tape (online participants must self tape). As a non-critiqued actor, if you choose not to have your audition put on tape, then you may be a reader for those who do. (Actors can learn a lot about auditioning when they sit on the other side of the camera.) 12 actors tapes will be watched and critiqued during class. Their tapes will be used to demonstrate, as clear examples, Crystal's lessons, script analysis, and character breakdowns.
3 ways to play Auditioning by Heart!
1) CRITIQUED ACTOR: Your work critiqued in front of the class, (your resume will be requested after you register) Limited to 12 actors.
2) NON-CRITIQUED ACTOR / RETURNING ACTOR: you can choose to self-critique (please read about this after the bullet point below) and/or you can choose to be critiqued outside of class.
3) VIRTUALLY PARTICIPATE: Join us remotely from any time zone! Students are granted access to a private Facebook group where they are have secure access to all materials needed to prepare for class. (Homework template, Sides etc.) On the day of class you can join to watch the lecture and breakdown of the material LIVE or log in later at your convenience, to self critique your auditions.
The Critiqued Actor is put on tape by Crystal, and the Critique is given by her in front of the class, so that your work can be used as a lesson to help the rest of the group. (There are only 12 critiqued spots available)
A Non-Critiqued Actor is either put on tape by a T.A. or partnered with a Non-Critiqued actor. If you are partnered with another N.C. actor, you put each other on tape before class each day. Everyone watch that days lecture / script analysis / breakdown done by Crystal in front of class. You will watch the 12 actors receive their critiques from Crystal. After class, you watch your audition from earlier, so that you can "self critique" based on Crystal's breakdown and the other actors critiques. You will more than likely KNOW EXACTLY how you did, (which of your choices were strong, and which could have been better thought out) based on what you heard Crystal say. Want Crystal to critique your audition? Okay! She is available to do so, live or over Skype, either directly after class or at a later date for all non-critiqued actors. ($40) (Use dropdown menu below to add additional critiques outside of class time)
Returning Actors who take as Non-Critiqued actors (see above) get a very special price! (See menu button)
* Minimum Age 18 yrs (Certain exceptions apply)
Non-Critiqued or Virtual Online Participants can purchase additional critiques to be done outside of class time.