OUR LONDON CLASS IS HAPPILY SOLD OUT! BUT PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR WAITING LIST, IF ANYTHING OPENS UP, WE CAN CONTACT YOU IMMEDIATELY!
Auditioning By Heart 3-Day Intensive Workshop
26, 27, 28 MAY 2017
FRIDAY 10:00am - 5:30pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 10am - 5:30pm
These on-camera classes will teach professional actors how to organically prepare for film and television auditions within a short time-frame. Actors receive new sides prior to each class and are put on tape daily. "Auditioning by Heart" is a deep exploration of how to create a character's life from the truth through history homework. It is practical, not theoretical, and aims to equip you with all the skills and expertise you need to become dynamic and courageous at your auditions. The training is very much student-centered - giving time for individual attention. Crystal will provide thorough, personalized critiques for each actor's performance daily.
This workshop will empower you to:
- Rid Nerves
- Know Your Lines “by Heart”
- Live Truthfully Through the Life of the Character
- Highlight Acting Ability
- Improve Booking Rates
* Minimum Age 13 yrs
CRITIQUED ACTOR - Happily Sold Out! - Accepting waiting list applicants.
All students will be given material (homework / sides) to prepare each night as if they were going to audition. Students who sign up to be critiqued by Crystal and will be put on tape by Crystal each day of the workshop.
Critiqued students will have their work played back and critiqued in front of the rest of the class, while being used to demonstrate Crystal's lessons.
All students will learn from Crystal's lectures.
NON - CRITIQUED ACTOR STILL AVAILABLE !!!
(Hurry and sign-up today - Seats filling quickly)
Non-critiqued students will have an eye-opening experience as they come to truly understand what it feels like to be on "the other side of the table" and will discover what works and what can be improved upon from an outside perspective so they can effectively apply Crystal's technique in their own work outside of class.
Benefits of being a non-critiqued actor:
· Non-Critiqued is not just a AUDITOR, where you passively sit and watch. It is a participating, learning student in the class. Your auditions are put on tape by a Non-Critiqued partner (or you can self-tape), you receive sides, participate in class discussions, and are given all the same materials as the Critiqued Actor, adding to your arsenal of acting tools.
· Over the 3 days that's 25 1/2 hours working on audition technique.
· If at a later date you decide that you would like your work critiqued by Crystal, you can arrange that. (For a small fee)
· You can secure your place today with a small £50 deposit.
· You build relationships with other actors who can help grow your network and develop your craft.
After class each day's class, watch your audition when you get home, before beginning work on that night's homework. This will help you ascertain “how YOU did” as you apply my script analysis / breakdown, and the comments from the 12 critiqued auditions you observed Crystal critique in class, to your own work. I promise you, it will be “Crystal Clear.”
INCLUDING THOUGHT SUPPORT WORKSHOP
The 3-day intensive will start out with this incredible exercise that will teach you, at the very least, how to use your sides in an audition while staying in character so you don't have to depend on memorization, but more than that...it will assist you in staying in-the-moment, listening and reacting, and learning your lines "by heart" - not by rote. You will focus your preparation by:
Deepening your connection to the other character
- Listening and being present
- Fighting for your objective
- Responding truthfully in the moment
* Minimum Age 13 yrs
CONSIDER THIS: This 3-DAY INTENSIVE is a nearly $3,000 value to the London professional interested in Hollywood films and television. You will never get a better class for a better price!